This is an overview year that covers a sampling of artists and composers to build interest and enthusiasm in your family for art and music appreciation. These plans are appropriate for students in grades 1-4 or for families who are new to art and music appreciation.
Art Option 1: All the artwork is linked to internet sources and you can view each painting online or you can print the paintings out to view and then add them to your art notebook. For Ebook Users: There is one art print for each artist in the back of this book.
Art Option 2: This option will schedule a variety of activities including viewing artwork, reading about artists or artistic styles, and art projects.
Art Option 3: Option three will be based on Child-Sized Masterpieces and Dover Coloring Books.
Composer Study: These plans include eight composers using the book Lives of the Musicians and then your chose of listening either with CDs you own or purchase or online listening using YouTube.
- 32 Weeks of Plans – 8 artists and 8 composers.
- Links to internet sources for viewing artwork, additional activities, and YouTube listening.
- Ebook version has clickable links.
- Ebook and Print editions include two generic artist notebook pages.
- Ebook format includes art prints to view and/or print out for your personal use.
- Example week with lots of details and images: Harmony Fine Arts Grade Example Week.
- Resources can be seen on my Amazon.com Store. Please note the information in this blog entry about the Oxford First Book of Art used in Option 2 of these plans.