Harmony Fine Arts Grade 3 plans feature Late Renaissance to Early Modern period art and music. If you have older children, there are also middle school level art and music appreciation plans for Late Renaissance and Early Modern times (Grade 7). Please note that Grade 3 and Grade 7 have different artists and composers so they will not “match” except in covering the same time period.
Art Option 1: All the artwork is linked to internet sources and you can view them online or you can print the paintings out to view and then add them to your art notebooks. For Ebook users: There are two prints included for each artist.
Art Option 2: This option will schedule a variety of activities including viewing artwork, reading about artists, completing notebook pages, and art projects. Coloring pages for the artists are included for you to print or copy.
Art Option 3: Option three will use Artistic Pursuits Grades K-3 Book Two for lessons in art appreciation. Along with these plans you will be completing many of the same activities as Option 2. Please note that you will using this book for Grades 2 and 3 in the Harmony Fine Arts plans. NOTE: The Second Edition of Artistic Pursuits is scheduled in these plans. The book name remains the same: K-3 Book 2 but the page numbers are different in the Third Edition. I suggest using the table of contents to determine which lesson to use each week.
Composer Study: The Harmony Fine Arts plans for this level include six composers. Please note the list of composers included with these plans. They do not all fit within the overall time period of the Year 3 cycle of history.
- 36 Weeks of Plans – 6 artists and 6 composers.
- Ebook format includes links to internet sources for viewing artwork, additional activities, and YouTube listening and viewing. Please note the list of composers included with these plans. They do not all fit within the overall time period of the Year 3 cycle of history. This was due to finding a superior resource that although not being a complete fit as far as time period, includes wonderful selections for your year of study.
- Ebook and Print editions include notebook pages and coloring pages to use as a follow-up to your study.
- Ebook format includes art prints to view and/or print out for your personal use.
- Resources can be seen on my Amazon.com store. Please Note: Option 3 – Artistic Pursuits K-3 Book 2 is used over a two year period for money savings and a more thorough coverage of the material. I supplement the AP lessons with picture study and additional activities to give you a connection between the AP topics and the time period.
- Example week with lots of details and images: Harmony Fine Arts Grade 3 Example Week.