Grade 7: Late Renaissance to Early Modern Art and Music
Harmony Fine Arts Grade 7 plans are packed with exciting artists and composers that will appeal to everyone in your family. Not only do the plans cover artist study but if you complete options 2 and 3 you can include watercolor lessons, working with clay, and lots of drawing. This is a great year for middle school students to gain confidence in their art skills with simple and incremental lesson plans.
Art Option 1: All the artwork is linked to internet sources and you can view them online or you can print the paintings out to view and then add them to your art notebooks.
Art Option 2: This option will schedule a variety of activities including viewing artwork, reading about artists, completing notebook pages, and art projects. Coloring pages for some of the artists are included in the back of these plans for you to print or copy.
Art Option 3: Option three will use Artistic Pursuits Grades Junior High Book 1 for lessons in art appreciation. Along with these plans you will be completing many of the same activities as Option 2.
Composer Study: The Harmony Fine Arts plans for this level include six composers, listening either with CDs you own or purchase or online listening using YouTube.
- 36 Weeks of Plans – 6 artists and 6 composers.
- Ebook format includes links to internet sources for viewing artwork, additional activities, and YouTube listening and viewing.
- Ebook includes a variety of notebook pages and three coloring pages to use as a follow-up to your study.
- Ebook format includes art prints for each artist to view and/or print out for your personal use.
- Example week in action posted on my blog: Harmony Fine Arts Grade 7 Example Week.
- Resources can be seen on my Amazon.com store.
Please note that the book on the Harmony Fine Arts Grade 7 plans, Watercolor for the Artistically Undiscovered, is now out of print. I have not found a replacement for it but I have created supplemental plans for you to use instead with your family. You can download and use the links and ideas in the supplement as a replacement.