Harmony Fine Arts
Edgar Degas and Sergei Prokofiev Mini-Unit
These plans will help your family with a simple and easy to implement way to provide artist and composer study in your home. The plans are flexible and can be used by children of all ages. The selections for art and music are loosely connected by the thread of ballet. Degas is known for his paintings of ballet dancers and Prokofiev wrote many ballet scores including Romeo and Juliet.
This mini-unit includes:
- Complete plans for including art and music appreciation using Edgar Degas’ artwork and Sergei Prokofiev’s music. Approximately six weeks of plans are outlined.
- Suggested follow-up activities for each painting studied.
- Materials list provided.
- 9 notebook pages, 4 coloring pages.
- Suggested song selections with links to online listening and several follow-up activities for Prokofiev, including Peter and the Wolf.
- View a sample: Degas and Prokofiev Sample.
- 28 pages. $3.25.
Review by Jimmie of Jimmie’s Collage:
“Barb sent me a copy of her Degas and Prokofiev plans (Autumn 2010 Art & Music Appreciation) to review. In a word — fantastic! She makes me laugh. She said that I do such great artist and composer studies that I wouldn’t need such a plan. Well, Barb, I think your plan is wonderfully laid out and I do plan to use it this fall. Why wouldn’t I? You’ve already done all the legwork for me. Not using it would be like refusing someone to come to my home and prepare a delicious dinner for my family. If you want some direction for your artist study and composer study, this product is a great help. You don’t have to do any planning or hunting. Just click, print, and go. Oh, and it costs only $3.25, so this is really affordable.”