Every Tuesday I post a new sketch assignment on the Harmony Art Mom blog. Everyone is welcome to sketch and you do not need to sign up to participate. You can participate every week or as often as you wish since there is no commitment. I try to make the assignments open-ended so your child can interpret the assignment in a way that works for them. Parents are welcome to sketch and submit to the slideshow too.
How Do I Participate?
- 1. Read the assignment in the Tuesday blog entry.
- 2. Complete the assignment. Adults are welcome to sketch as well so feel free to sketch alongside your children. I encourage creativity but please do not sketch “off topic”. Please make sure what you are sending into the slideshow is a sketch or drawing. Digital drawings are not accepted.
- Additional note: I do not accept any sketches that include violence, blood, guts, or gore. This is a G rated blog.
- 3. You may add a child’s name and age to the sketch if you wish. A short caption or label is also okay to include. I prefer that no other information be written on the sketches. Please do not put your blog address on the sketch or image.
- 4. Scan or photograph your sketch. Flickr has a size limit of 500 MB per image.
- 5. Please limit it to one sketch per person.
- 6. Send in the image in JPEG format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to pay attention to the deadline which is Monday by 5 PM. If you can send in your sketch over the weekend, it would help me out greatly. If you send in your sketch past the deadline, I do not guarantee that I will include it in the slideshow. Please note that occasionally I am delayed in posting the slideshow but I do my very best to have it up sometime on Tuesday morning.
- 6. Sometimes when you are send an email with a blank subject line and no message in the body of the email, my email system recognizes it as SPAM. Please put “Sketch Tuesday” in the subject line and then in the body of the email please type something even if it just says that it is for Sketch Tuesday or the number of sketches attached.
The only other requirement is to have fun sketching!
If you don’t want to miss a single Sketch Tuesday assignment, you can subscribe to my blog and each week’s post will come straight to your email inbox.