I have been promising to do this for a long time now and they are finally finished. Harmony Fine Arts Homeschool Art Plans for Grade One are now ready for you to download as an ebook. I know I have said that there would not be any changes to the resources, artists and composers studied, or format and I was almost able to keep to that promise.
This is still an overview year that covers a sampling of artists and composers to build interest and enthusiasm in your family for art and music appreciation. Even if you have do not have a background in the fine arts, the Harmony Fine Arts Grade 1 plans will be easy for you to get started with and they are appropriate for children in grades 1-4. (See the HFA Artists and Composers List for Grades 1-4 for specifics.)
The only major changes to the ebook plans for Harmony Fine Arts Grade 1 plans are as follows:
- I eliminated Giuseppe Verdi and added Franz Schubert in the Music Appreciation Option. I just have not been happy with Verdi for a long time and wanted to give younger students a better listening experience as they start out with classical music.
- I added YouTube videos for every suggested listening suggestion in the Music Appreciation Option. The new ebook plans now have a better explanation for listening to classical music and optional online listening using a YouTube playlist. Super easy now!
- The new Harmony Fine Arts Homeschool Art Grade One plans now include one art print for each artist as a reference or resource for printing/viewing. (Ebook version only.)
- The new Harmony Fine Arts Homeschool Art Grade One plans now include two artist notebook pages to print for an optional notebook page.
- Please see this entry about acquiring the Oxford First Book of Art.
* There is now a post that illustrates what a sample week would include with lots of details and images: Harmony Fine Arts Grade 1 Sample Week.
*Three Options for art and one for music appreciation. (See sample for Weeks 1-4.)
*Links to internet sources for viewing artwork, additional activities, and YouTube listening. (See sample for how much depth this gives your study if you wish it for your family.) Ebook version has clickable links.
*Ebook and Print editions include two generic artist notebook pages.
*Ebook format includes art prints to view and/or print out for your personal use.
*Resources can be seen on my Amazon.com Listmania List.
Please email me for shipping outside the US. [email protected]
If you have a Grade 1 plan now and would like to trade it in for a new version, please email me as well. I know that some of you purchased the Grades 1-4 Bundle and if you are wanting to trade in your Grade 1 plans from that purchase for the new version, please email me.
I am totally flexible and will work with you if you communicate with me: